Our school uniform is important to us. It is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos, setting an appropriate tone and instilling pride in our school.
Smartness and high standards of appearance are expected at all times.
At Wellfield High School, we believe that a school uniform is important, because it:
- Looks smart
- Wears well
- Contributes to a sense of belonging
- Gives a common purpose
- Fosters a feeling of pride
- Reduces ‘fashion competition’ between students
- Prepares students for the world of work.
All students should wear the uniform and we encourage them to maintain an acceptable standard of clean and tidy dress in school. It reflects the needs of the cultural traditions represented at Wellfield High School. It is readily available and inexpensive.
Main School Uniform
Black blazer with school badge.
A black, red and silver school clip-on tie.
A black knee length pleated skirt or black uniform trousers, available from Delta Wool Shop.
A white collared shirt with top button fastened that can be tucked into the skirt/trousers.
When wearing a skirt – Black knee length socks or black tights (no less than 40 denier) without pattern.
Socks must not be worn over tights.
When wearing trousers – Plain, black socks.
Plain black v neck jumper (OPTIONAL only worn with the blazer)
Black, sturdy sensible shoes. No boots.
Physical Education Kit
Wellfield Akoa polo shirt
Wellfield Akoa long sleeve top (optional)
Wellfield Akoa Skort or Medallion Black shorts
Black /red trim sports socks
Trainers, non-marking sole
Football boots and shin pads
Bags and Belongings
- Every student should have an appropriate, sturdy and suitably sized bag/s for equipment and PE kit
- Bags should be sturdy and dark in colour
- Pencil case with correct equipment
ALL ITEMS OF SCHOOL UNIFORM MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED
Whilst items of school uniform can be purchased from local supermarkets and other shops, our uniform stockist for the school tie, skirt, girls trousers, blazer and PE kit is:
Delta Wool Shop: www.deltawoolshop.co.uk
- Jewellery except for a watch is not allowed.
- Hair should not obscure a student’s vision.
- Extreme hairstyles (including hair shorter than grade 2) or unnatural colourings are not allowed.
- If parents are unsure as to the suitability of a hairstyle, they should check with the Student Support Team in school first.
- Hair accessories should be small, plain and black. No flowers or bows should be worn.
- Shaved patterns in hair or eyebrows and false nails will not be permitted.
- Any make up worn in school should be discreet. No nail varnish should be worn.